Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: On the way to the Pantheon

Eric Iverson

I was riding on the train to work and saw some Mexican troubadours singing a ranchera tune that said something like: "tocar en la banda hasta llegar al panteon."

To me that meant "play in the band until you get to the Pantheon" which struck me as funny, so I asked the guitar player, "what does that expression mean?" and he said, "it means I am going to die happy playing in a band." It turns out that in Spanish "panteon" has another meaning I wasn't aware of: in addition to Pantheon it means "cemetery", LOL.

I doubt very much I will ever be in the Pantheon of guitarists, Gallery of the Greats, creme de la creme, flor de la nata, etc. I may get to the other "panteon" but in the meantime I want to play in a band and live happily ever after, LOL.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eric, I kinda suspect y' ogt the goods to be, uh, what y'is, which is really the point, ain't it ?

"Key Pon Keepin' On"

Indeed! :cool:

I doubt very much I will ever be in the Pantheon of guitarists, Gallery of the Greats, creme de la creme, flor de la nata, etc. I may get to the other "panteon" but in the meantime I want to play in a band and live happily ever after, LOL.

You're an esteemed member in these halls, are you not, Eric the Read? :wave::2thu:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived