Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

sellers remorse - Nord Lead 2 - P6 in the band mix (or not)

hazerkeys

I wonder if sometimes GAS clouds things LOL - for years, my tursty Nord Lead2 sat on top of my CX3 for gigs, etc and never let me down .. but along comes the P6 and my want (not need) for that analog goodness took over - so arrives the P6 and out the door goes the Nord !! - don't get me wrong, LOVE the P6 as the great instrument it is and enjoying hours of sound creation and playing in the home studio ....but.... took it to practice finally last night all excited with great patches , etc - but to my dismay, where as the Nord would slice thru the mix like a knife on my pads, solos, etc .. the P6 seemed anemic ..... It is a great synth, so will blame myself first and see if I can tweak patches, watch effects, etc ... but .. anyone else have gigging experience with the P6 in a typical (weekend warrior classic rock) band setting and advice ????? or thoughts ??????

PC1x, Hammond XK1c, Deep Mind 6, MS500 (gig rig)

Kurz PC4, Mini Moog Model D, Little Phatty, Hammond M3, Leslie 145, viscount op-3, Behringer model D, Roland GAIA.. (home studio)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
P6 as in prophet 6?

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

P6 as in prophet 6?

yes, sorry about that :) - prophet 6

PC1x, Hammond XK1c, Deep Mind 6, MS500 (gig rig)

Kurz PC4, Mini Moog Model D, Little Phatty, Hammond M3, Leslie 145, viscount op-3, Behringer model D, Roland GAIA.. (home studio)

Archived