Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Martha Live!

Dave Bryce

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hoping for the long-awaited Martha and the Muffins reunion tour

[video:youtube]

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

Exceptional. I actually don't think I've ever seen anything like it before. Unbelivable to see and hear two such amazing pianists communicate and play together with such intricate material...and no click track! ;):eek:

They started with Rachaninoff's Symphonic Dances. I've never heard it done on piano, much less with two. It was really interesting to hear how it was arranged, and performed with such tremendous control and precision while still bringing so much of the dynamics from the orchestral arrangement. Amazing how pianos can do that.

They followed that with several pieces by Debussy. They played Prelude to an Afternoon of a Faun, which always makes me think of Bambi Meets Godzilla. :D With all the space in that piece, the nuances of the interplay between them was really apparent. Then they did one I'm not so familiar with called Lindaraja, and closed the program with En Blanc Et Noir, which completely knocked me out.

Encore was a playful rendition of Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, followed by a different more uptempo arrangement of Lindaraja.

I'm so happy I got a chance to see that. I can't remember the last time I was so completely captivated by a performance.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/davebryce/IMG_5208_zpsejzhiwvz.jpg

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Sounds wonderful - I would have very much enjoyed that. I'll be on the lookout for a good classical piano recital coming to the Kennedy Center. Is that common to remove the lids for duo piano recitals? Makes sense, I just never noticed before.

Archived