Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mellotron samples in recent workstations?

Odyssian

Nothing helpful for me to add but tron threads are rare here. Just wanted to say a friend recently bought a M4000D and I have had a blast playing it.

The iconic strings, flute, and choir raise the hairs on your body, and the rhythm loops are gigglicious. The thing sounds GREAT.

I have one and concur :like:

My wife bought me a Mellotron Micro some weeks ago and I love it! Lightest Mellotron ever! I've already used the mandolin sounds for a project and rehearsed with my band using it.

Speaking of VST, I got the UVI Mello for free as part of a deal (by getting the String Machines for $99). I've enjoyed that although there aren't that many sounds. But it does give you the option to stereo-ize the sounds, add effects and full keyboard compass. Nice.

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GForce is basically the be-all-and-end-all these days, but it's not cheap, and you have to pay for packs, but they've done a fantastic job seeking out old modules and sampling them to the Nth degree of precision. It used to be a bit buggy, but I haven't had a problem for a while.

I was playing in an old prog band that basically forced me to get GForce, but I was not disappointed, it's an AMAZING VI. Fantastic for live performance.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

Nothing wrong with the old Roland stuff, still used in my rig now in my Roland Fantom XR.

Here's Afterglow with a spot of Roland XV Mellotron Choir:

[video:youtube]

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

Archived