Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Forum question

J. Dan

I think I know how to link to a specific page of a historical thread, but is there a way to link to the specific response? I know in the link there is a thread number and a page number. But also each and every response has a number, so it seems like there should be a way to point the page to that unique response. Anybody know?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, perfect, thanks....should have figured the #number since it works just like a typical anchor tag. Thanks again!

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

On the line that's just above the user's name and avatar on their response, where it shows the title (e.g., "Re: Forum question"), at the far left is a little document icon. Right-click on it and select "Copy link."

I just tried it on my iPad and it works the same way-- press on the icon with your finger (and keep holding down) until you get the popup menu, then select "Copy." After that you can paste it.

Michael Rideout

On the line that's just above the user's name and avatar on their response, where it shows the title (e.g., "Re: Forum question"), at the far left is a little document icon. Right-click on it and select "Copy link."

I just tried it on my iPad and it works the same way-- press on the icon with your finger (and keep holding down) until you get the popup menu, then select "Copy." After that you can paste it.

Or, you can tap/click on the document icon, and then copy the URL from the URL field in your browser.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

should have figured the #number since it works just like a typical anchor tag.

Yeah, I just did the ol' "view selection source" to take a stab at that, and took advantage of the fact that anchor names and document ids work basically the same now, with the advent of ... HTML 4.0, I think? Gawd I've been at this a long time.

Hilariously, I looked for something like SeaGtGruff documented, and couldn't find it. Ask a nerd a question, you'll get an answer...might not be the easiest answer...lol

Wes

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Archived