Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord Electro 5HP

Heartbeat

Merry Christmas to all! My friend received an Electro 5HP for Christmas. She is asking me operational questions, and while I'm sure this is possible, I'm looking for confirmation.

Using a Control pedal, can the keyboard be configured to have pianos, e-pianos, clavs remain unaffected by control pedal movement while organs, strings, brass, synth, etc. be affected by pedal changes when layering sounds?

This is the way my Stage2 is setup, and I'm hoping the E5 can be setup the same.

TIA

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. Each part (upper and lower) can have control pedal enabled or not. She needs to employ the shift button to change the control pedal enable status for each part.

Each program can handle control pedal individually, if she wants.

I stealth upgraded my E3 to an E5 HP, taking advantage of the inability of non-keyboardists (eg. My wife) to tell the difference between red keyboards.

After the split/layer abilities, the coolest thing about the E5 is NAMED songs that put 4 NAMED patches together. On my previous Electros, I was pretty much stck with the first four patches (piano, B3, EP, and clav) in live situations because I couldn't remember what each patch was good for.

Now I have created songs that collect up related sounds. 'Pianos' has 4 tweaked pianos that cover most pianistic needs from classical to ragtime. 'Organs' has a set of B3's split and tweaked as a starting point for different genres. 'Piano/organ' has splits and layers of piano and organ. The E5 comes with some songs named after genres (rock, funk, ballad, etc)... they are gradually getting tweaked to fit my playing style. In effect, the E5 is like having a different E3 for each musical situation.

On a side note, using the sustain pedal to control the leslie for organ patches is not good enough for playing with piano/organ layers and splits.

Loving my E5!

"Stealth upgraded" :laugh: . I love it!

I wonder if there is enough red on my Korg kross to be stealth upgraded to an electro 5d?

Or maybe a Korg krome to replace my old m1? ( maybe I'll start putting my iPad on it for a few weeks! ;) )

Stage: Korg Krome 88.

Home: Korg Kross 61, Yamaha reface CS, Korg SP250, Korg mono/poly Kawai ep 608, Korg m1, Yamaha KX-5

Archived