Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A Holiday Wish from one of your Friendly Moderators

zeronyne

I know with the odd transition and temporary shutdown of the Lowdown a while ago that we lost a number of our members. We are a pretty slim group these days in terms of participation, and that's neither a good nor bad thing. It's a reality of the current state of online communication methodologies and trends. To lament the slimming down of the Lowdown is akin to lamenting inclement weather.

But the people who are still here are here by conscious choice, and they are trying their best to keep it going. And I say good for you! Until the day when the publisher pull the plug for legal, financial or arbitrary reasons, enjoy it and use it.

My Holiday Wish to all of you is for each and every one of you to find the pocket and stay in it, to enjoy playing and not playing, and most of all, to stay healthy and safe in this very unhealthy and dangerous world.

You and your brethren musicians have created 2.7 million posts on this platform (2,700,929, to be exact as of this writing). I've been here 14 years or so and have contributed over 6000 of those posts. And I have enjoyed every minute of it.

Thanks.

"For instance" is not proof.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all your work zeronyne and peace to all.

Sadly the reality of this dinosaur we call home is just a required server update, hardware failure or similar issue away from being gone.

This has always been a good place and I'll always remember it that way. Thanks to all of you, past and present.

One day soon I have to put some GAS related pics on here, just have to pic a host.

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

Archived