Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

keys player looking for rev and/or delay pedal?

miden

Want to use it for a kick drum stomp pedal.

Q1..is there such a thing as a combined rev/delay pedal?

If not which would be preferable, a rev pedal or a delay?

Looking for pedals under $100 if possible.

Thanks

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you plan on stomping on the stomp boxes? I ask because you can get into some decent effects if you plan to hand operate them like some keyboard players do?

There are some otherwise nice affordable effects that have crappy switches and cases. But if you are not stepping on them then they would be fine.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I have a kick drum pedal or "stomp box", and I want this to go OUT to an efx pedal then on to the mixer (no efx on the mixer)

I'll only be tapping the foot on the kick ... it's one of these:

http://www.peterman.com.au/music/stompboxes/Bass-stomp-puck-pro

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Found the BOSS RV-3 ...but I see a lot of love for the RV-6? although it looks like the RV-6 is ONLY reverb..

Behringer makes some cheap delays and reverbs that sound fine. They are ripped off older Boss circuits but if are using your feet to activate the switches and you are gigging with this I can't recommend them. The switches and hardware fails and they are not serviceable due to the construction. Cheap disposables.

TC Electronics the same thing but they cost more. They look quality on the outside. The actuator for the foot switch is mounted to the pedal case but the actual switch is PCB mounted. It is a proprietary switch that is failure prone and you can only get a replacements from TC and their support suck donkey wangs. But if they will sit off the floor and you will hand operate them like keyboard player sometimes do then they may be fine.

Lower cost stuff that holds up that I like are:

EHX Holy Grails

Boss RV-5 and the RV-6 is supposed to be better

I recently went with a used Hardwire RV-7. Killer reverb. The verb is lexicon.

Never have had a Boss pedal fail me in 36 years of using them.

Here is the states you find Ibanez DE-7 really cheap. If you do not need tap tempo this is a great basic delay for little money.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Cool, thx CEB, that recommendation is good enough for me :) I'll stick with Boss!

Archived