Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FINALLY!

whitefang

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always found it curious that, discounting the rotating lead gtr players (Jones, Taylor & Wood), the other Stones seem to aged facially in reverse order.

That is, Wyman, the oldest by 1/2 a decade, looks youngest; Watts looks reasonably young for his age (75); Jagger (73 but 1/2 a year older that KR) looks older than Watts or Wyman & KR looks older than any 2 of the others added together !

& if ya take a gander at his hands, it looks a wonder he can still play gtr.

Chk this site out:

http://www.ronankavanagh.ie/musicians-health/learning-from-keith-richards-fingers-why-musicians-get-sore/

d=halfnote

Pickled 'n' preserved.

My favorite Rock band since the 60's

I once saw an interview with KR. The interviewer commented on how much his face had aged. KR responded " Hey, you have to have done a lot of living to have a face like this".

Also, the brother can play!

If you play cool, you are cool.

In my very limited knowledge of great guitar duos, I'll only turn 22 in a week, Keith and Ronnie Wood are my favorite. Happy birthday Keith.

In the Stones movie Shine A Light, Keith was asked who is the better guitar player you or Ronnie? Keith answered neither one of us are all that good, but when you put us both together we're better than anyone out there...+1 they are a great duo! :thu:

Take care, Larryz

In my very limited knowledge of great guitar duos, I'll only turn 22 in a week, Keith and Ronnie Wood are my favorite. Happy birthday Keith.

In the Stones movie Shine A Light, Keith was asked who is the better guitar player you or Ronnie? Keith answered neither one of us are all that good, but when you put us both together we're better than anyone out there...+1 they are a great duo! :thu:

Hmmm....

PeteTownshend once said that one of the keys to The Who's success was..."We didn't play good music." ???

Not quite sure what he MEANT by that. But, it worked well enough for ME!

And I think what works in Keith's favor is that while not being a "technically" GREAT guitarist, his "greatness" came from not being afraid to try what no one else at the time bothered to, and finding his OWN direction instead of taking the well-worn path.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

I wonder if you meant the quote from Who documentary THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT wherein PT says (perhaps facetiously) , in response to a question abt "quality" something like "Quality ? Oh we try to avoid that".

-----

here 'tis actually:

whole clips kinda interesting but the pertinent section starts abt 3:15 & continues through end

[video:youtube]

d=halfnote

Cool interview...I liked hearing Dylan, Elvis and Scotty Moore influenced Keith along with Louie Armstrong. Then the story of Chuck Berry's greatest hit when he punched Keith for fooling with his guitar LOL! And Keith's never ending quest with playing Satisfaction and wishing he'd put a new lick or two on the original record...That is still my favorite Stones song... :cool:
Take care, Larryz

There's another cool KR v. CB story: when KR did musical production on a Berry documentary performance, knowing how Chuck liked to authoritatively change things, he set up an amp off stage & one onstage.

The onstage amp was for CB to tweak & the offstage amp was the one used for the actual recording.

d=halfnote

Archived