Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland CB-76RL / CB-G76

ElmerJFudd

Any opinions, experiences with Roland branded keyboard bags?

It's for my VR-700 which I've just finished editing and saving presets so it's ready for the road.

Dimensions on the VR-700 are:

W: 49-5/8 inches

D: 15-9/16 inches

H: 5-1/16 inches

Weight: 35lbs 5oz

This is the model Roland used to recommend for the VR-700. CB-76RL

cb-76rl_angle_main.jpg

CB-76RL

W: 53-13/16 inches

D: 15-9/16 inches

H: 4-15/16 inches

More recently they sell a CB-G76

cb-b76_angle_main.jpg

"...delivers superior protection without weighing you down...plush interior...extra-thick foam padding and internal impact panels...Durable, commercial-grade zippers with polyester and nylon ripstop...quality built-in wheels make transport effortless."

CB-G76 - interior dimensions

W: 50 inches

D: 17.5 inches

H: 5.5 inches

Looks like it would be a little looser in the newer bag. Doesn't have to be a Roland branded bag. My last bag for my XP-80 was still in good shape when I sold it. The wheels were a plus for when I was dragging other stuff along with. The Nord softcase for Stage 76 is well featured with backpack shoulder straps and wheels. A little expensive, and a little too big. Hmm...

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Elmer

I'm pretty sure that top bag is the one recommended for the RD 64, and if so, I have that one.

Its a pretty flimsy bag, extremely thing padding. Also, the handle is oddly long, which is weird for carrying by hand. On the other hand, it makes it easy to set on the ground while holding onto the handle. Its also long enough to loop over your shoulder.

However, it seems relatively well made, and is extremely light.

If the other bag is not a lot more money, it might be a better deal, given that it appears to have more padding.

That's helpful, I'm inclined to take a closer look at the newer model. But it's not cheap at $269 street price. Also checking out Gator's offerings as well. I'm sure I want a bag, don't care to pick up the weight of the case.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Archived