Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Basshappi Live and a brief update

Basshappi

Had a gig last month. Local music fest that has been an institution here for a long time called "Nam Jam". My band, Snout, was asked to perform and we did a set of all but 2 original songs.

https://www.facebook.com/1433395716975834/videos/1704973929818010/

We are working to finish a few more songs in preparation of going into the studio after the first of the year.

In other news, my friend and fellow bandmate Billy Stokes has finished making an album featuring a bunch of rock stars (yes really) and will be playing his CD release show in Phoenix this weekend. His band for this gig will include Pat Travers(who appears on the CD), Rudy Sarzo and Carmine Appice. After the first of the year he will be putting the band back together to play follow up gigs resulting from this project and I will be playing bass in that band. Barry Sparks played on the album so I have some big shoes to fill.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Loved it!

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

In other news, my friend and fellow bandmate Billy Stokes has finished making an album featuring a bunch of rock stars (yes really) and will be playing his CD release show in Phoenix this weekend. His band for this gig will include Pat Travers(who appears on the CD), Rudy Sarzo and Carmine Appice.

I think I speak for all of us when I say: Holey Socks!

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

Yes indeed!

The CD release gig went very well.

Frank Marino, Marc Storace and Les Dudek all sent video messages of congratulations and support that were presented on screen before the show.

The line up for the first part of the show was:

Billy Stokes - Guitar

Jim Pavett - Drums

Richard Katz - Keys

Crystal Stark - Backing vocals (American Idol winner)

Bret Kaizer (MadameX) - Lead Vocals

Robby Lochner (Great White) - Guitar

Rudy Sarzo - Bass

Later on Pat Travers came out and played the 2 songs he guested on the album then Carmine Appice came out and The last part of the show was a mix of covers from the various catalogs of their respective careers.

Pat Travers - Snortin' Whiskey, Makes No Difference, Boom Boom Out Go The Lights and Statesboro Blues.

Carmine Appice - Do You Think I'm Sexy (Carmine sang this one, they did it as a very sleazy rocked up number that had everybody laughing and dancing), Drum Solo, You Keep Me Hangin' On.

Rudy Sarzo - Come On Feel The Noise, Crazy Train, Mental Health

There was a crowd of a few hundred there and all in all the gig went very well. Everyone onstage seemed to have enjoyed themselves.

As for what comes next, only time will tell.

Of course I would encourage everyone to pick up a copy of Billy's CD "Muscle & Blood", it will be available soon. It is very good and Barry Sparks laid down some great basslines on every track.

Facebook link

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Archived