Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Interesting lip sync and auto-tune video

Synthoid

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lip sync and auto-tune have been discussed ad nauseam here.

What makes me wonder is who in the industry decided audiences were 'demanding' live concerts that are Cirque de Soleil spectacles and that singers always be in perfect pitch.

The antithesis of this approach can be equally satisfying for an audience and was all they got up until sequencing and auto-tune hit the market.

I recall going to a Who concert about 10 years ago which was in an arena curtained down to one third its normal size, with a simple stage setting. It was reminiscent of seeing a local band in a community hall.

Every concert on that tour was recorded and after the concert the audience was given the details of how to buy a CD of the night's performance. The profits went to a charity.

I bought one and it has every missed note in Daltry's performance, the clams and the song restarts faithfully recorded.

I don't think any of that in anyway diminshed the audiences enjoyment of the concert or their willingness to see the Who again. Clearly The Who are not bothered.

It would be good if those artists who choose not to lip sync or use auto-tune put that on their tickets. It would 'out' those who do use them to entertain their audiences.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

It would be good if those artists who choose not to lip sync or use auto-tune put that on their tickets. It would 'out' those who do use them to entertain their audiences.

Discussed in the video.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Archived