Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Creation Station?

RABid

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, after a lot of internal debate between an iMac with 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD and an i7 processor or a Windows machine I ordered a Creation Station. At one point I even considered a MacPro but the lack of internal drive options beyond the 1TB SSD, and the lack of Thunderbolt 3 and USB 3.1 type A port I decided to stick with a Windows DAW. For the same price of the iMac I got a rack mountable Windows computer with 64 GB RAM, and SSD boot drive with 2x2TB data drives, Thunderbot 3, USB 3.1, and a 4K monitor. It will also hold my UAD2 Quad card which I would have given up if I had moved to the iMac.

When it comes in I will report on how it works, once I get everything installed and tested. That may take a while.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Cool. I mean with PCs you have a lot of options. I've built a few desktops myself. With laptops, I've had success with Lenovo with a little bit of tweaking to get ideal performance from the hardware. I haven't used Windows 10, but generally speaking I find most builds of OSX highly stable and a pleasure to use with audio with very little adjustment to anything in the OS other than turning off power saving options. AudioMIDISetup utility is really useful and core audio immediately capable of low latency performance. But you can get it done on Windows, and maybe Sweetwater has already done the homework on the Creation Station. Let us know how it goes!

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Archived