Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Things music teachers say

Jazz+

[video:youtube]

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

"....No, how much did you really practice. " has become my mantra.

Another one with a huge turnover is 'Oops, let's back up and try that again' (think I heard that about 20,000 times between fourth grade and senior year of college)

Then the other week I had a kid who wasn't quite getting it (appeared more like he didn't want to get it): Me: "Okay, this time curve your fingers.... Well, not quite like a hunched claw though". So of course he became fascinated with his 'hunched claw' creation :laugh:

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

LOL. This is hilarious. I play in several bands with retired and active music teachers. Some of them just can't stop teaching.

Those guys forgot "Play in the bottom of the beat"

The best teacher I ever had used to say, "only 10% of the music is on the page". Wish I had had the opportunity to study with him more.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

LMAO. As someone that got into a lot trouble I heard a few:

Dont come here to practice

The 3rd finger not the 4th finger

Not so fast

Just because you can do something doesnt mean you should

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Archived