Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cases - XK Pro (3,3c,33,33c, Pro ...) 1 case or 2 ?

CEB

I may be gigging out with the full XK3c. Anyone have a preference on whether to use one single case or separate cases for the two manuals?

Thanks.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I use 2 separate Gator cases. Much easier to manage.....They are the plastic PKE hard shell cases.
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Thanks. That was what I was hoping to hear. I had a Anvil style custom case cut to carry the whole thing but I don't know if I can handle getting it in and out of the car by myself. I wasn't hauling my own rig when I got this thing. Rolling it in and out of a trailer was OK. I was in better shape then also.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I carry both in a single Anvil case. While it is a two man carting job it is still much easier than a large console cabinet.

The lower manual is frankly a flimsy assembly that I do not trust to withstand gigging. My case has a bottom shallow lid that the dual assembled manuals stay in, take the top lid off then use the bottom lid to put the assembly on a stand.

I love the dual manual setup.

I carry both in a single Anvil case. While it is a two man carting job it is still much easier than a large console cabinet.

The lower manual is frankly a flimsy assembly that I do not trust to withstand gigging. My case has a bottom shallow lid that the dual assembled manuals stay in, take the top lid off then use the bottom lid to put the assembly on a stand.

I love the dual manual setup.

I agree,..The design of the lower manual is very flimsy and was my main concern about durability. In addition the weight of the two together is just way too much for me to handle myself. Which getting in and out of the house would be too difficult for me. The 2 case approach works very well for me.

Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Thanks! That would save a bunch of weight.

These custom bags each cost around $200 but weigh only about 3 kg = 7 lb, lighter than hard cases and tougher than regular gig bags. After several years of carting them to gigs in the back of my car, the bags and the gear in them still look like new.

Archived