Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Recommend decent low priced used board

RandyFF

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mostly play bread and butter sounds: AP/ EP / Organ with some VA synth thrown in. I don't really miss the rompler sounds much, but there have been occaisions when I needed them.

Okay, then I'm back to the Kurzweil SP4-7 (and remember you can download sounds besides the stock ones into it).

Thanks, have read some reviews, I can see why you recommend it. But at its price point (found an open box buy it now on flea bay for $700) I might as well save my pennies as CEB suggested and get the Casio MZ-x500 that I want (or think I want!). I've always been curious to hear the Kurzweil sound, which many find organic and natural sounding and gig-ready, but have never played one. Others are not as impressed. As a Nord guy I'm guessing I'd be in the Love-It group.

Anyone in the market for a very used and abused WK-7600?

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win11 laptop // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

Thanks, have read some reviews, I can see why you recommend it. But at its price point (found an open box buy it now on flea bay for $700) I might as well save my pennies as CEB suggested and get the Casio MZ-x500 that I want (or think I want!).

Well, I did say agree with CEB up at the top that, if you intend to get the Casio regardless, if that would also work for your park jams, you might as well just get that. With 24 month free financing, you probably don't even have to save your pennies to get it now.

However, if you really want the boards for different purposes and the SP4-7 suited you, you did say in OP that you were looking for a used board up to $500... if you keep your eyes open, you might find an SP4-7 for that. Or at least not much more.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Just my 2c...I'm a little leery of Kurzweil after my pc3 took a (figurative) dive at a gig...and the guy working with it says that is nothing new to him. I'm still waiting to see if he finds anything fixable with it...(it is booting now, but I'm really worried about it happening again since I don't know why it happened in the first place...)

I love the board, and many here gig with Kurzweils, just putting it out there.

Anyone in the market for a very used and abused WK-7600?

If it looks like this... no. :D

http://d.fastcompany.net/multisite_files/fastcompany/imagecache/620x350/poster/2013/09/3018054-poster-1280-keyboard.jpg

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Archived