Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Acoustic Samples C7 Grand Piano Update for Receptor 2 Pro +

cdl

Hello All!

Hello All!

I'm interested in buying the Acoustic Samples C7 Grand software, but received the following message (see below) from their support desk regarding the need for an older version of the UVI Workstation so the iLok process can work. Is anyone using this program, and where might find the necessary UVI Workstation? I use a 2010 Receptor 2 Pro Plus running OS V1.9, which I bought used a couple of weeks ago.

Dear Carl,

We dont know much about the Receptor and its compatibility with UVI Workstation and we cant guarantee our products will work with it correctly because MUSE used to handle all of the support (they are actually theones that asked us for versions of our products that would work on their machines).

All i know is that it requires a specially made version of UVI Workstation (and certainly not a recent version, because of the iLok system that evolved greatly in 2014 and muse not being able to keep up and port these changes on they linux system), but i have no idea where to find it.

If you can find this version and can install it on your receptor, then the C7Grand will work in it (we just have to send you a different and older download link). I think that the best way to find it is to ask the MUSE support, even if the company went down, i believe they still offer support.

The C7Grand license will work for both the computer and the receptor because its a relatively old product (the license for it was created before the end of 2014), more recent libraries will not work at all in receptors (like the B5 Organ for example).

Besides that, all of our libraries do work perfectly fine on a computer which might be a lot simpler to set up ;) Many artists nowadays use a Mac Mini with Mainstage installed and it seems to work pretty well).

Best regards,

Arno

samples@acousticsamples.com

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Dr88s. I originally wanted to use my Ravenscroft 275, which is currently running on my Mac Mini, but the same need to find the older UVI Workstation formatted for my Receptor also kept that from happening. Unless I spend $199-? for another acoustic grand option like Ivory or pay again for Ravenscroft, it appears I'm down to the Pianoteq 5 Stage for $129.00. It does sound very good, but I like the Acoustic Samples C7 a little better. Another pricey option is to buy Kontakt and then pay again for Blue Piano or Cinesamples grand. Plugsound came with my Receptor, but I don't really care for their grand sounds.

I'm very open to anyone else's thoughts or suggestions.

Have you contacted UVI to see if they can provide you with a copy of the most recent receptorised version of the UVI Workstation?

I was going to mention the Muse KVR forum (Muse and KVR are the same company) but see that you have already posted there.

Muse\KVR said they would continue to provide warranty support so there must be someone at Muse who could answer an email request for copy of the receptorised UVI workstation.

Note that it was not just the current UVI Workstation that would not run on a Receptor, there were many other VST's with updated software authorisation that also would not work.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Markay,

I just sent a request to UVI regarding a Receptor compatible workstation for the Ravenscroft. When I receive their response, I'll post it here. Thanks for the suggestion.

UVI have been prompt in replying the few times I have contacted them.

With the Receptor there could be many reasons why developers have little interest in providing support for legacy software on that device. Among them are Muse's inability to support the largest versions of the VST's and Muse's practice of blaming developers for failing to provide Receptorised versions of their VI's. Also there is issue of poorly implemented or legacy authorisation processes that may be vulnerable to hacking.

IIRC you mentioned you have the option of returning the Receptor and unless you are happy spend a lot of time on IT, with an uncertain outcome, rather than playing music, that may be an option worth considering.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Archived