Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How can I burn CDs? I have a CD burner but no software

I have a 4x Phillips CD burner but I don't think it has any CD burner software with it. Anyone know of a site that explains how to do this? And is there free software I can download? I want to burn CDs of MP3s I have and also I want to copy regular CDs I have in my office and put the copies in my car.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
as far as i know, you need some sort of software to burn CDs. you might wanna try to check Roxio's website to see if they have any trial or demo software (i'd be supprised if they didn't) i use their Easy CD Creator v4.0 software and i like it. you can burn audio CDs from mp3s by simply dragging an mp3 file into the program, or just burn mp3s themselves onto a CD as data. [url=http://www.roxio.com]www.roxio.com[/url]
0096 2251 2110 8105

Duke, You need to go to your local Best Buy or Circuit City and get yourself some CD burning software, it's about $59.00 (on sale), for a good one. I'd recommend 'Nero'; you just follow the on-screen prompts, it is super easy to figure out. Also, you are going to need some blank CDR's. (I don't mess with CDRW's, what's the point?)
In two days, it won't matter.

MAC or PC? Not the Philips standalone? If it is or needs to be connected to a computer, for PC there is Wavelab or Sound Forge (pretty comprehensive and not as cheap) but necessary for mastering, Roxio (formerly Adaptec) Easy CD Creator - cheap and plenty fine for most non-mastering needs. Nero as mentioned. Also, the Media Player in Windows XP will do very basic CD ripping and burning. For Mac I have no clue. Best bet is to check the WEB sites for the software you think you may purchase and make sure your specific CD burner is listed as compatible.

Steve Powell - Bull Moon Digital

www.bullmoondigital.com

[quote]Originally posted by stevepow: [b]For Mac I have no clue. Best bet is to check the WEB sites for the software you think you may purchase and make sure your specific CD burner is listed as compatible.[/b][/quote] Mac software? Look for Roxio's JAM or Emagic Waveburner if you want full control and 100% Red Book compability, Roxio Toast is good enough for basic work and non-audio burning. As said earlier: check if your burner is on the list of supported devices or it won't work. /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Archived