Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PC3 iPad editor anyone?

A long time ago, I tried the SoundTower editor with my PC3 but was so frustrated that I just learned to edit from the keyboard screen. Now I want to learn more about VA editing, making my own sounds. Has anyone tried the wireless iPad editor? I can't setup my computer and Kurzweil near each other anymore, so the wireless iPad thing sounds enticing. The Kurzweil site shows it coming out March of 2014, quite a while since I last tried it. Would anyone here say it is now usable? Or maybe say it does not totally suck anymore? Recent experiences would be appreciated.

Kurzweil PC4

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't see how the wireless MIDI would work. At least not the common wireless MIDI interface like the Mi.1. The problem being that the PC3 doesn't put out enough voltage to power it. That was a bummer for me.

Korg Kronos, Roland RD-88, Korg Kross, JP8000, MS2000, Sequential Pro One, Micromoog, Yamaha VL1, author of unrealBook for iPad.

I thought the USB port was non-compliant and, like you said aron, not enough voltage. The port does communicate with a computer for updates but not MIDI over USB. No clues on the app page except a mention of the camera adapter. Could be SoundTower so damaged its rep with Kurz owners that nobody who reads this forum has plunked down the $15 for the app! No great loss. I'm used to programming from the front panel anyway. I just thought it would be a bit easier from an iPad but not necessary.

Kurzweil PC4

Yes, I agree, it would be cool if it worked. I'm sure it would work with the camera adapter. I miss my PC361 - it was the most capable keyboard next to my Kronos. Did a lot of gigs with it.

Korg Kronos, Roland RD-88, Korg Kross, JP8000, MS2000, Sequential Pro One, Micromoog, Yamaha VL1, author of unrealBook for iPad.

Archived