Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What does it take to be considered a musician?

[quote]Originally posted by Bonafide: [b] Hey Strat, That was the 'Primitive Radio Gods' a local band here in town. Ironically, that was thier only hit, only single and end of the band. The rest of the album was pure rock, all electric guitars and real drums etc. and didn't sell simply because it sounded NOTHING like thier single. The band was originallt called the I-Rails and played modern punk even in the late 80's and early 90's around here. [/b][/quote] Hey thanks....always wondered who that was. That reminds me of the group who did the song "I smell sex and candy"......the rest of the album was NOTHING like that song. I think I've heard of the I-Rails.....are they San Diego based?
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[b]Former musician [/b] [img]http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/img] I think the entire concept of using presampled loops is an "artform" within itself......... Damn sure escapes me. As does .midi. However, as a songwriter, it constantly amazes me that when I venture into a new project, I have NO CLUE what the finished product will sound like. Sure, I have options and controls........ but, ultimately, the finished product is determined by my creative "process". I've thrown away, perceived, "Masterpieces" and still claim the rights to some tunes I concidered "Fluff". OK..... I'm off my soapbox. Michael Campbell Ax/Va/USA This message has been edited by GL1 on 08-10-2001 at 02:47 PM

Go ahead....listen at your own risk :)

http://mahotmagumbo.iuma.com

[quote]Originally posted by strat0124: [b] I think I've heard of the I-Rails.....are they San Diego based? [/b][/quote] Port Hueneme (pronounced why-nee-me) based. about 15 miles from the Santa Barbara/Ventura area which is about 70 miles north of LA. I'm sure Chris and the bunch have gigged SD alot. Many Santa Barbara/Ventura bands devolop good followings in San Diego, It's such a bigger music scene and is only 4 1/2 hrs. to the gig which ain't bad.

Archived