Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Importing PA9 files into other programs ?

I use PA9 and have several HUNDRED .wrk files saved.

Other than Sonar, are these files usable/importable in any other software progs?

I could save and import them as .mid files except they all contain audio as well.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No,those files are propriety and won't open im anything but Sonar or CWPA.You have 2 choices,either get a copy of Sonar and import those files and export them OMF,or export them from CWPA track by track as seperate files in a folder.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Thanx Alndln,

OMF files, eh? I assume they are more universal and can open in other progs ... correct?

I have Sonar 2.1 so this could work. Then what choices for other programs do I have?

Originally posted by bvdd:

Thanx Alndln,

OMF files, eh? I assume they are more universal and can open in other progs ... correct?

Yes OMF is more universal,bur OMF wont import any plugin data,just audio files/midi,so if you want those effects to transfer you must render them before exporting them to OMF.So far Pro Tools,Nuendo/Cubase,Motu's Digital Performer and possibly Emagic Logic(6.0+)support OMF,along with Avid audio/video programs.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Check out the "Ironclad Backup" article I wrote for Keyboard. There's a lot to be said for saving tracks out as rendered WAV files; save versions with and without plug-ins, just in case. You'll be able to load these into just about any program.

Archived