Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Alesis QS7 and I-Book: marriage?

I just got an I-Book 500 mhz and an Alesis QS7; how should I proceed in order to get simple, effective but easy Midi sequencing from one to the other with minimum fuss and using the Software provided? If anybody has a similar setup could you spare me the trouble of trying by myself
Max Ventura, Italy.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by argomax: [b]I just got an I-Book 500 mhz and an Alesis QS7; how should I proceed in order to get simple, effective but easy Midi sequencing from one to the other with minimum fuss and using the Software provided? If anybody has a similar setup could you spare me the trouble of trying by myself[/b][/quote] I have the QS7.1. I did not use the LT version of the MIDI sequencing software that came with the keyboard, (PC here). Also, you may want to stay away from the 'serial port' MIDI interface, I was warned its a 'buggy mess'. I would recommend the MidiSport 2x2 USB MIDI interface because you can move it between computers if needed and it has a MIDI-thru button, good for just jamming w/o having to power everything up, inexpensive too. As far as MIDI sequencing software for an I-Book, I have no experience with those 'other' computers. ;) Matt
In two days, it won't matter.

I picked up a midisport 2x2 recently too, I think it was $50. I got it for my laptop; useful gizmo to have I think even if you have a midi interface already. I haven't had problems with midi timing yet. (I'm using with a PC laptop, no mac by the way)

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Archived