Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Casio's lineup

tomson

Is it fair to say that the CGP-700 is a PX360 with a stand housing 2 more 5" speakers and without a rhythm editor and a preset editor?

Is it fair to say that the PX360 is a PX560 without extensive editing capabilities?

Does anyone know if the CGP-700 and the PX360 have the 2-speed rotary effect for the jazz organs?

Last-If the CGP-700 is removed from the stand, are the CGP-700, PX360 and PX560 essentially the same in terms of on-board amplifier and speakers?

Thanks for entertaining my questions.

Tom

Norwich NY

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know the answers but I can confirm that Casio's lineup is Extremely Confusing.

Life is subtractive.
Genres: Jazz, funk, pop, Christian worship, BebHop
Wishlist: 80s-ish (synth)pop, symph pop, prog rock, fusion, musical theatre
Gear: NS2 + JUNO-G. KingKORG. SP6 at church.

Below I have worked up a comparison list highlighting some of the key differences as you move up the range. I sifted through the specs on Casio international site and simplified it as much as possible.

As far as the speakers, I think they would sound similar with all things being equal like... removing the stand on the CGP-700 and not using the master EQ on the PX-560.

CGP-700 Features:

5.3" Color Touch Panel

Tri-sensor Scaled Hammer Action II

Pitch Bend Wheel

128 note polyphony

Preset Damper resonance (piano tones)

Preset Damper noise (piano tones)

Preset DSP effects for some tones

550 Preset tones

200 Preset rhythms

305 Music Presets

96 Registrations (4 areas x 24 Banks)

Audio recorder (16bit/44.1kHz Stereo)

Midi recorder (16 track +1 system track)

17 Reverb presets

16 Chorus presets

17 Preset Temperaments

16 ch mixer

Duet mode

Octave shift

Layer/split

Transpose buttons

Metronome

Rear USB Port (to Host)

Front USB Port (Flash drive)

Pedal jack (1/4" standard switch type)

Casio 3-Pedal unit connector

Front Phones x 2 (3.55mm Stereo Mini)

Line out (1/4" Standard Left, Right/MONO)

Audio In (3.5mm Stereo Mini)

Privia PX-360 adds:

Linear Morphing AiR tones

Preset String resonance

Hammer response control (4 levels)

Key off simulator

Damper noise on/off control

Rhythm editor (10 user rhythms)

Music preset editor (50 user music presets)

Second pedal jack (1/4" standard switch type, assignable as sostenuto or soft)

5 pin midi IN and OUT

Line in jacks (1/4" standard left/mono, right)

Privia Pro PX-560 adds:

256 note polyphony

String resonance adjustability (16 levels)

Damper resonance adjustability (16 levels)

4 more levels of Hammer response (8 levels)

Increased Damper noise control (16 levels)

Editable reverb effect

Editable chorus effect

System Delay (editable)

Master EQ (4 band parametric)

Editable DSP effects

20 additional user rhythms (30 total)

100 additional preset tones (hex tones)

Tone editing (400 user tones)

Hex layer synth

3 knobs (assignable)

Modulation wheel (assignable)

Expression pedal input (assignable)

Arpeggiator (100 presets)

Nice job, Brad.

The 560 has my eye. The polyphony and string resonance plus the HEX synth from the PX-5S with expression pedal input gets a thumbs up from me (plus the bread and butter EPs which are pretty good on the 5S). I'd have ordered one already but I'm holding off because I don't think Casio can leave the PX-5S without their new touch screen GUI for too much longer.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Thanks, Brad. That was above and beyond the call. For the record, I spent some time comparing the spec sheets and was trying to boil down the differences to a sentence or two. But your chart makes it very clear. Thanks again.

I guess I'm leaning toward the 360. I don't like tweaking and editing, so I probably don't need the 560, all other things being roughly similar. But I like the thought of bringing the slab home from a gig and slapping it on its own stand and built-in speakers, and having it ready to play, like the CGP-700. But maybe I could just set something similar up for the PX360.

Tom

I too, was in a quandry with these. Thanks big to BradMZ for breaking it down like that! Oooh, that 360 is mighty tempting...'cept I needs that string resonance. Gonna have to keep saving.

The PX-360 has the string resonance.

From Casio's PX-360 web page:

PURE PIANO

Matching the high quality of the keys is an immersive and authentic 9-foot concert grand piano sound powered by Casio's powerful AiR (Acoustic and Intelligent Resonator) Sound Source.

It uses Linear Morphing technology to create smooth, dynamic transitions from the softest to loudest sounds, as well as Damper Resonance to accurately recreate the experience of the strings resonating against the piano's soundboard when the damper pedal is pressed.

String Resonance accurately models the harmonic relationships between the vibrating strings, allowing the notes to interact with one another.

Hammer Response allows control over the time between pressing the key and hearing the strings, and Key Off Simulation allows control of a note's decay by how quickly the key is released. Connect the optional SP-33 pedal system to utilize soft, sostenuto, and damper pedals.

http://www.casio.com/products/Digital_Pianos_%26_Keyboards/Privia_Digital_Pianos/PX-360/

And what about the organs and eps in the 360?

The same rhodes,wurly samples and organs than the 560 and px5s?

Nord stage 2 EX88,Nord electro 5D,roland RD800,Roland FA08,Korg kingkorg,Korg PA4x,Yamaha PSR s970

Native instrument maschine studio et komplete 10.

Archived