Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How can I get this "singing" guitar sound?

Larney

What vst plugins could I use in my home recording software to get close to the "singing" lead guitar you can hear in the short sample lead guitar here.

I use a Fender Strat DI'd into my PC to record or play live and would love to emulate this lovely lead break.

I'm picking compression/sustain, distortion of some kind and maybe some EQ. What do you think?

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers

Larney

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess would be pretty much the same - sounds like a subtle overdrive into a flange or more probably a chorus plus maybe some compression.

It's really easy to overdo it and get a "washed-out" guitar sound in the final mix.

One of the tricks I learnt way back was to double my leads - hard to do particularly at first but great results if you can master it.

Been round the block but am not over the hill...

http://www.bandmix.ca/jamrocker/

Anything that evokes that MESA/Boogie kind of cranked tube-amp/preamp overdrive/distortion, with fat mids and a fairly "round", darkish tone; lots of compression; and try an echo/delay that offers modulation, emulating tape-delays with "Wow & Flutter" parameters or the modulation of various analog echo pedals.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

My guess would be pretty much the same - sounds like a subtle overdrive into a flange or more probably a chorus plus maybe some compression.

That would be my take on it as well - how it is recorded and mixed would also be a factor.

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Hey guys, thanks for your helpful comments. I've got enough now to play around with.

Good! Let us know how things go, give us some clips or vids, keep us posted! :cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived