Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: does my cat think i can raise the dead?

ashevillecabbie

Muffin had kittens 3 weeks ago, I was just minding my business, letting her mind hers, giving her space, and making sure she had adequate food and water.

So tonight she trots up to me with a dead kitten in her jaws, deposits it on the bed in front of me, and then sits looking at me expectantly.

Am I supposed to fix this?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Take some of your unpaid bills and give them to her, and see what she does.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Maybe just looking for sympathy?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Since you work the can opener, you have magical powers.

Seriously. That's a heavy trip. Your cat thinks very highly of you. Cats don't ask for help very often.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

Make soft, higher pitched noises (oohs) gently pick up the kitten and take it to another room. Put it in a ziploc bag and bury (at least a foot deep) or trash it, up to you. I'd bury the poor thing.

She'll quickly become occupied with the other two.

With pets it's vital that you let them know you're the alpha male the leader of the pack or pride. That means you get the dirty jobs too.

Push the button Frank.

Maybe she was accusing you. D'ya ever think of that?

No dude I don't believe she really thinks about things all that much. She's just a cat, you know? :)

No one really knows what lurks in the evil mind of a cat.

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

No one really knows what lurks in the evil mind of a cat.

CLONK

Dan

Archived