Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Jean-Michel Jarre

Dave Bryce

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Don't think I can begin to describe what I heard and saw last night. And foregoing any needed spoiler alerts I'll say simply this is the most mind-blowing show I have gone to ...EVER!!!

Spotted keyboards:

Memorymoog (used a lot)

Elements

A4 (I believe)

System 8 (I believe)

Vurus TI

Small unidentifiable Modular

Some really cool large flat panel monitor controller

Sub 37

Keytar (Korg? :idk )

Roland HDP 15

Don't think I can begin to describe what I heard and saw last night. And foregoing any needed spoiler alerts I'll say simply this is the most mind-blowing show I have gone to ...EVER!!!

Well, cool. Psyched to see the show!

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

LA folk - there are tickets for this available on Goldstar.

If you guys don't know what Goldstar is, be prepared for a very happy surprise. It's a service that sells unsold tickets to shows for less than face value - except the only tell you what part of the theatre you'll be sitting in when you buy, not row/seat. You don;t find that out until a few days before the show....but it rarely disappoints. This is the service I use to sit in premium seats at Clipper games for $50. :thu:

They have seats for this show on the floor for $40 and $60. :idea::boing::hitt: :

dB

Spotted keyboards:

Memorymoog (used a lot)

Elements

A4 (I believe)

System 8 (I believe)

Vurus TI

Small unidentifiable Modular

Some really cool large flat panel monitor controller

Sub 37

Keytar (Korg? :idk )

Roland HDP 15

I guess you can identify some more on this concert broadcast last month on the public Spanish TV (La 2 de TVE):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgdCmHFpMQg

I saw him in the UK and yes its an awesome show. I wish his US dates were a few weeks later as in Vegas/LA area mid June. Would have definitely seen him again

Nord Stage 2EX | Nord Wave | Mainstage 3

K&M Spider Pro | JH Audio JH5 IEMs | Behringer XR18 | Radial Keylargo

I guess you can identify some more on this concert broadcast last month on the public Spanish TV (La 2 de TVE):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgdCmHFpMQg

Thanks Pepe- but blocked here. :(

Ouch, what a pity :(

Being a TV show, you have many close ups, not like the usual fan recordings.

Maybe you are luckier with one of the alternatives:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJNNr3lQGTY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z13QEJgRUrk

None as High quality as the first, blocked, one, so if one of these works, check if the default quality is the higher one available.

If out of luck, I'll post some captures :)

Well, cool. Psyched to see the show!

Yeah, that did not suck at all. :thu:

Unreal visuals. Killer sound system. Way too much fun...

dB

Agreed... some of the best concert lighting I have ever seen. Beautiful.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Also the sound quality at Radio City Music hall was the best I've ever heard in a live venue. Of course it was probably just a bit easier to achieve with no guitars and miked drums. Still some of those bass tones in particular were so intense and penetrated my gut in a good way. Not to mention the incredible wide array of textures all set to some decent melodic and chordal music. Couldn't ask for more.

Wasn't too crazy about the opening solo electronica artist. While I could appreciate his talent it didn't move me in the slightest.

For those who may not have seen him, here is a center camera shot of the show... pretty impressive!

[video:youtube]

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

I do have to give a shout-out to our own Dave Bryce. He contacted me on Saturday morning to see if I was going to the show. I had totally forgotten about it! A quick check on Stub Hub and I had my seat secured.

So thank you, Dave. I would have kicked myself had I missed this rare opportunity to see Jean Michel Jarre.

I do have to give a shout-out to our own Dave Bryce. He contacted me on Saturday morning to see if I was going to the show. I had totally forgotten about it! A quick check on Stub Hub and I had my seat secured.

So thank you, Dave. I would have kicked myself had I missed this rare opportunity to see Jean Michel Jarre.

Brothers got to take care of each other... :cool:

Always great to see you, Dave!

dB

Archived