Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: June trips now over and done

desertbluesman

New Jersey Trip; June 3-10

Spent 7 days in New Jersey visiting family, had a great time with family.

Yellowstone Trip; June14-24

3074.2 miles traveled in 11 days. One night in St George Utah, one night in Pocatello Idaho, two nights at Grants Village in Yellowstone, One night in Winnamucca Nevada, 2 nights at Lynda's sister Nancy's house in Cobb area Cal., One night in Salinas Ca. 2 Nights in Pismo Beach Ca. Then 9 hours home to a nice 112* F in the Sonoran desert. No sauna needed here.......;~) My favorite parts of the trip; being surrounded by a herd of Buffalo on the street on the way out of the Yellowstone park. The 2 nights at the sister in laws house in Cobb Cal. A hike at the Armstrong Redwoods Reserve near Guerneville Cal. The ride through Big Sur, and the drive into the community where I reside. And the special time at The Fishermans Wharf in San Fransisco where I met up with my beloved and wonderful granddaughter for a few hours.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you get a chance to watch the surfers at the pier in Pismo? They have some nice surf there along with some surf bands in the local clubs at night...I quit surfing 25 years ago and Pismo was my last stop. I love going to Fisherman's Wharf and eating fresh crab, and riding the Trolleys from there up to China Town the next day for Chinese food...We took a cab last trip from our hotel at the Wharf up to the Warmoth theater to see Hall and Oates. Sounds like you had a great time and I've got to get out to Yellowstone one of these days. Welcome Home!
Take care, Larryz

Thanks Larryz, I did not get to the beach in Pismo. I just laid around the motel on beach day, and recuperated from the long drive down through Big Sur. I had 3 women with me and we actually stopped more hours than we drove on the way down Hy 1, which got us in the motel late the night before beach day. Happily I am home again and have on one woman to deal with on a daily basis.

I'm sorry, exactly what did June trip over just now? I hope she didn't fall and hurt herself! ;)

Glad you got to experience the buffalo in Yellowstone. We were there for about a week and only saw one!

Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for the update!

Glad you got to experience the buffalo in Yellowstone. We were there for about a week and only saw one!

Geez the buffalo were all over the place when we were there, I shot all kinds of photo's of them in many different places. We even got a glimpse of a bear running up a hill, and one way far off, too far to see detail but those folks with telescopes said it was a grizzly. Lots of pictures of Elk too.

Archived