Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bob Weir film on Netflix Grateful Dead guitarist

desertbluesman

The title is;

The Other One, The Long Strange Trip of Bob Weir.

I was never a big Dead fan, I bought two of their first studio albums, but I only had a minor interest in them. However out of boredom, I watched the above titled film on Netflix. It turned out to be a very interesting. It gives a real good description of how the Dead got their start in San Francisco, and a history of that band over the years. He also talks about the rest of the band, especially Garcia who was the "big freak" of the band. I highly recommend the film to anyone who subscribes to Netflix.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't subscribe, unfortunately, and I too had somewhat of an interest in them back in "the day".

They WERE after all is said and done, a considerable part of the "Soundtrack of My Life", I'd probably enjoy the film. We ALL "outgrow" one thing or another throughout our lives, and still we think of many of them with warm regard. I do so as far as the Dead are concerned. Also, "outgrow" them or not, as far as the group overall, I STILL groove on "Truckin'".

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

I've come really close to watching that a few times. I think based on your review, I'll go ahead and bite the bullet.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I gave some misinfo above. Bob Weir is not one of the wealthiest musicians in the world, I did read it somewhere on the web and that was misinfo, he is only worth 30 million, almost a pauper in wealthy musician circles..

Archived