Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Windworks Design's Schizotron Electric and Keyboard Bass

kenfxj

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And somehow they managed to get that cockamamie "instrument" patented.

it's patentable, but the real question is why? obviously they believe in the concept because they put the work into it, so they must also believe it is something that will inspire others.

personally i'm content to keep my keyboard controller on a stand. either way i'm doing both one-handed. i doubt i have the bandwidth to do both *and* keep moving in a way that couldn't be described as completely ridiculous. best to have the keyboard anchor me to one place on the stage.

I can't see a use for it. Maybe J. Dan can?

I routinely play an arrangement of the keyboard and bass parts for the ending of The Beatles' "Come Together" on bass. It might sound better if I played both parts separately on this thingamajig, but would it be worth the effort and the extra 10 lbs on my neck all night? ;)

Besides, wouldn't you be a little leery of how well the bass MIDI tracked?

When the player switches into neck/enable mode the bass neck becomes a one handed midi controller, with each note producing a midi signal. The player is able to finger midi bass notes with the left hand while playing chords on the keyboard with the right hand.

I can't see a use for it. Maybe J. Dan can?

I routinely play an arrangement of the keyboard and bass parts for the ending of The Beatles' "Come Together" on bass. It might sound better if I played both parts separately on this thingamajig, but would it be worth the effort and the extra 10 lbs on my neck all night? ;)

Besides, wouldn't you be a little leery of how well the bass MIDI tracked?

When the player switches into neck/enable mode the bass neck becomes a one handed midi controller, with each note producing a midi signal. The player is able to finger midi bass notes with the left hand while playing chords on the keyboard with the right hand.

Nope. Absolutely no use for it whatsoever.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

A solution looking for a problem,

A disease looking for a cure,

A thing undone by it's very nature,

A thing I wouldn't buy, for sure.

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Archived