Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ancient Cassette tape inspires me

I know cassette players are waaaayyy low tech compared to our usual stuff, and I also appologize for still having a whistlepig avatar. I been busy.

Somebody must have been moving or something. There was this box on the counter at work and it said "Free". Inside there were CD's and tapes. I saw "Us", by Peter Gabriel, and I've never listened to it, so I snagged it. Brought it home to play in my Kyocera CD player that I got for ten bucks at a garage sale and repaired. Man, this album is just as good as "So", one of my all tiome favorites!

The tape says Dolby HX type B. It sounds pretty muffled when I use that. Sounds better despite a little hiss with no NR. I also assume it's a type 1 tape. Maybe this is because the tape, though it looks almost unused, is from '92? I could listen to this, mesmerized, over headphones. Who is playing that bass?

Rubber Lizard Studio

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dr. Taz:

Originally posted by Mark LaCoste:

Who is playing that bass?

Tony Levin
deanmass bows and chants....

tony levin....tony levin...

The US Cd is one of my FAVES for inspriing things..The bass, the anger and emotion in Gabriels; lyrics. It is brilliant. I think it is SO much deeper than SO, and I think UP is the same scale higher than US, though I have not gotten into it the same way. It is a long listen to love on this one...

Archived