Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

String Libraries�

Adam Burgess

Hey everyone.

OK, grabbed a Casio PX5 a few weeks ago. As my main gig is a residency 5 nights a week, I'd rather leave my Nord/Kronos rig there, all set up and use the Casio for one-offs out of town or weddings/brunches etc.

Really like it, in general. Feels great, weight is nice, looks nice under lights, pianos (A+E) are fine, clav is cool, bit of a pig to program compared to both my Nord and the Kronos, but do-able. The editor is nice and simple. Better than the AX-Synth one!

For grins, I put it thru Mainstage (never really used it) just to try some better organ noises. Works great. Another thing I would like is to improve the strings. The strings work ok as a pad but not too happy doing a lead part.

Orchestral stuff is not bad to sequence with Logic's built in stuff, but the attacks all seem really slow. If they were on the beat I could dial back the attack if I needed a slower thing, but I can't.

Obviously, sequencing, you can pull them right back, time-wise. Live? I wanna be in charge of where the note starts ;-)

Sorry for the essay!

Any recommendations for a Mac VST I could grab for more 'pop' strings? I wish I had the Korg's strings in there. I suppose I could spend a day or two sampling them, but wondered what others are using...

Thanks, Adam.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you tried any of the strings available for download at CasioMusicForums.com ?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

You might also check some of the gig-ready patches made and sold by Dave Weiser. Others have reported that they are well worth the small cost.

I don't have a Casio. I do have MainStage on the Mini, but so far haven't connected it to a keyboard. I've been using the iPad with a number of different apps for a sound source.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Archived