Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's get ready to rumble...

Okay here we go. After extensive online, and in-hand research I've narrowed the field down to just 10 contenders in the Holy Mic-Pre search. This unit will be used primarily to track vocals, and acoustic guitar. I need to hear from real users of these products, in order to determine which one occupies a space in my studio. Although I've read, and read, and re-read almost all the literature, and reviews on these products, I am a firm believer that the people who actually use these things will be able to give you a better perspective on how these things perform in the real world. So here we go, the contenders are: -DBX 786 Blue (Dual Mic-Pre) -Summit Audio TPA-200B -Avalon AD2022 (Dual Mono) -Manley Dual Mic-Pre Dual-Monoblock -Earthworks 1024 4-Channel Mic-Pre -Drawmer 1962 -Grace Design 201 -Focusrite Red 8 -Universal Audio 2-610 -Aphex Model 1100 As you can see money is really not an issue, although I wouldn't like to spend more than $3500.00. Quality,flexibility,and reliability are the issues at hand. I'm looking for sound accuracy, and warmth. (am I asking too much?), so chime in with your 2 cents, and maybe we'll all learn something in the process. Thanks a million guys (and Gals)!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived