Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Set List Maker & PC3 Program change weirdness

analogholic

OK, obviously doing something wrong here...

When I send a Prg Ch from Set List Maker to the PC3 it sometimes recieves the right patch, sometimes not and at times it does multiple patch changes, one after the other...Also both PC3 and Set List Maker froze several times.

Probably something very obvious my tired brain (stuffed too many new tunes in there the last few days :crazy: )

can´t detect right now...

Any suggestions?

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, obviously doing something wrong here...

When I send a Prg Ch from Set List Maker to the PC3 it sometimes recieves the right patch, sometimes not and at times it does multiple patch changes, one after the other...Also both PC3 and Set List Maker froze several times.

Probably something very obvious my tired brain (stuffed too many new tunes in there the last few days :crazy: )

can´t detect right now...

Any suggestions?

How many boards in your rig?

-Mike

How are you sending prg change messages? As MIDI presets within SLM? Have you gone into each MIDI preset screens that's been acting up and ensure they are programmed correctly?

What interface are you using?

I also find that booting the PC3 up first, then connecting the iPad tends to work best for me.

"May you stay...forever young."

No interface...going straight via Camera Connection Kit to the Kurzweil PC3 which is the only synth.

As MIDI presets within SLM? Yes!

Just tried two songs, tried to switch between them,

Gets the right patch the first time (change) then the Kurz gets the wrong patch and then it slowly start flipping thru different patches....it´s like a bad midi loop...and then it freezes

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Micky Keys probably has you all straightened out, but yes, there's actually a few ways the PC3 will accept prg changes. QAccess mode is probably the easiest to set up. They're all covered in pgs 10-8 through 10-10 in the manual.

Good luck

"May you stay...forever young."

Archived