Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I started my musical odyssey singing A-Capella long ago

desertbluesman

I started my musical odyssey a long time ago singing A-Capella with some local friends. Here is a clip. The two nearest the left are the only "still doin it" members of the original Soundmasters.

sunday kind of love - soundmasters

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very Cool DBM...great sound! :cool::cool::cool:

I ain't in the clip. Just 2 of those I sang with are in the video. I did hit a note with that group in 2009 or 2010 when I was back east at a party. It took me many moments to remember how to do harmonies.

:rawk: I'd rather play my guitar

The group sounds very professional in the clip. I too have a hard time trying to sing harmony as I get stuck on the melody lines...sometimes quite by accident, I fall right into it depending on the song. :cool:
Take care, Larryz

The group sounds very professional in the clip.

They have been doing it since the 1960's. I was with them for about 10 years, until I started getting a little fluent on guitar, then I wanted to join a band and play out. I tried to get them to learn instruments, but they resisted, so I left reluctantly. The one closest to the left front with the gray beard is my brother in law the high tenor, and his late brother was the lead singer, the one behind my brother in law that pops out to the left from time to time was my best friend growing up and the second tenor, and I was the baritone.

It was a very fun time. We did a show on the Steel Pier in Atlantic City, that was our biggest gig.

Later on I produced that crew in my studio to do a jingle in a contest for a club called Duke Macks. We won the jingle contest, but I don't have a copy of that jingle anymore.

Archived