Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Have any SK1 or XK1c owners seen / used one of these?

HSS

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Convert-your-SK1-to-an-SK2-with-the-SK-ME-Too-/281147753448?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4175b643e8

This is potentially an interesting thing for players like me who can't hammer a nail in straight, and want the semblance of a poor-man's dual manual experience with an SK1, XK1-c, or Electro(?) and a lower midi board.

It does seems a bit overpriced especially since there are several stands on the market that can get the lower board within ~5 - 6 inches of an upper board for similar or even less money... But the wood does look a lot better and it looks like, based on the photos, you can get the lower board within ~3 inches, dependent upon how flat it is. If I go ahead and sell my SK2, which I don't use outside my home, I may pick one of these up for my SK1, which I gig with... Or maybe I'll man-up and try to build one.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha CK88, MX88, & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived