Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What is your strength?

Ross Brown

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My strength is that I know my limitations and never try to exceed them. I always try to best serve the song.

And I always have fun playing with others. It's my therapy.

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

I guess my strength is that once I learn a song, I tend to remember it forever. Well, this seems to apply to things I've learned in the last 15years or so. Earlier cover songs that I new in my teens/early 2o's - not so much. They take some major dusting off.

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

... and the stage lighting.

(Do you notice a trend?)

Yeah, I'm "that guy", too: van, PA and lights. I also carry extra stuff in my gig bag like guitar strings. I added an extra strap after a guitarist forgot to bring one to a gig. (It was in his other guitar case.)

But still, I only get calls for my hair.

For me it used to be timing but I don't play enough to say that anymore. Even though I was never a great player, and may be riding the caboose on a train wreck, I was usually pretty damn close as far as keeping time.
If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

I could bench about 220 and squat about 325 back in high school...highly doubt it these days. I can carry my gear - that's all the strength I need.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived