Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Using a Roland AX-1 with Ableton Live 9 using RealStrat/Amp3

TTOR

I am looking to setup at least 4 patches of RealStrat/Amplitube3 using Ableton Live 9 and then assign a button on a Roland AX-1 to switch between those patches. I know it's been done with an AX-1, RealStrat/Amplitube3 under Mainstage so I'm sure it can be done with Live. Has anyone done this already and is there any easy way without going through a ton of docs? Any info appreciated.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just to clarify...I know how to set up the midi tracks and the midi mapping process on Ableton Live 9, but the more specific question is how to assign the AX-1 to each midi track and the continuous controller number assigning. If I hit a button on the AX-1, it always default to CC093 which in the docs is chorus, but will turn the track off and on. It is only when I try to assign another track that things get a little weird.

I know it's been done with an AX-1, RealStrat/Amplitube3 under Mainstage so I'm sure it can be done with Live.

Faulty reasoning aside...

Your solution will need to use Chains in Ableton. Not intuitive, nor easy, and I've come to the conclusion that Ableton is NOT a suitable replacement for Mainstage for me. Given your modest needs, you may find it'll work for you, though.

Haven't watched this vid all the way through, but it might be helpful. If not, a Google search should find your "don't want to read any documentation" answer. ;)

[video:youtube]

Archived