Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Good enough; Lots of $$ for marginal sonic gain:

Bobadohshe

I have no confidence in Mainstage in that respect, and frankly what _I_ have heard doesn't even interest me much, musically speaking.

Theo V.

MainStage is a host Theo. Whatever you hear reflects the users choice of VST's and effects. On its own MainStage, like DAW's such as Pro-tools don't make any sound until the user loads a VST.

Of course using some samples can be fun, I don't doubt that

MainStage is not just a sample player, it can host modeled, sampled or hybrid VST's as can any other host such as Forte. Can a Motif or any other high end workstation run VB3, Pianoteq or Omnisphere?

replacing a decent current Yamaha in a certain sense may require more apt processing power than an I7 notebook.

By implication you are suggested that several years ago when the Motif came out it had superior quad core processors in it than Intel could manage with the i7 and that remains the case even today? Makes one wonder why Apple keep installing Intel CPU's when they could be getting superior CPU's from Yamaha years before Intel can catch up.

However the PC3 rig is simple and I don't need to worry about crashes, audio drop outs and other computer related issues.

Crashes and audio drop outs are the result of a poorly configured system. It is up to the user setting up their own rig with a host and VST's to ensure they do not max out resources and do their own beta testing.

The benefit of hardware is that the beta testing is done for you.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
$6K for a pair of those Turbosounds? Wow. I'm sure they really sound good but 5K better than my EV's?

My answer is, of course not! But in my case I lucked out finding a pair on ebay for $1,800. I had been using a pair of FTB Maxs, which sounded nice for vocals, Privia piano and other stuff. But when I started using VST pianos I didn't like the coloring that the speakers added. But after all that, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who notices the difference, or cares.

I look at that picture and notice two things.

2. Bright sunshine. If it is a hot day then it is not a good place for a computer.

True but the corner window on the left faces north east and down under that means the mid winter sun comes through in the mornings. In summer the sun is overhead and the surrounding vegetation and eaves means that no sunlight comes through that window.

I now cover the boards however as I noticed the keys on the Axiom were yellowing.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Archived