Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sweetwater Sound

desertbluesman

Bought an item from Sweetwater Sound, they say free shipping, no hassle return policy, So I try to return an item and the invoice they sent me with the RA # says $11.07 less than I paid. No other music store ever did that to me. I of course paid the return shipping/insurance because I simply did not like the item, it was not defective. So it was on me to pay the return shipping which I did. Another 14+ bucks

Just sayin

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have an e-mail into them wondering why it happened and then I posted it on my Facebook page and I have about 35 musician friends whom I interact with so I named each one of them in the e-mail got some responses "effing them" and I sent the link to Sweetwater. It is only $11.07 so I ain't gonna get a heart attack over that little bit. It is just the integrity issue really. So next time I go back to my old music store internet haunts.

MF has a better return policy and will pay shipping both ways. Sweetwater will usually cut you a deal if you talk to the rep on a replacement guitar/amp and via reducing the price they can make up for the shipping. That's what they did with me when I returned a GS Mini and re-ordered a Takamine. One good thing about Sweetwater, is on ordering the little stuff like guitar strings. They will ship one pack of strings for free or 10 or any number of packs for free and have a good price on the strings to start with...

It is frustrating when you have to ship something back. Cabelas charged me a $9 re-stocking fee that they deduct from the credit card refund credit...One thing I learned when shipping anything back is to go through the Post Office. They charged almost half of what Fed-x and UPS charge...

Take care, Larryz

My bad. I never read the return policy which clearly states if the item is shipped free, they will deduct the original shipping from the refund. Now that I know that I will do my buying from the other on line stores. Actually Amazon has the best return policy. They send you a prepaid shipping label and refund your credit card the same day you ask to return it. And you can buy musical instruments from Amazon and their partner resellers.

MF will also email a prepaid return shipping label (at least they did back in the day when I had to return a guitar)...but it's been a long time since that happened.

Glad to hear Amazon does this too DBM. So far, I have never had to return anything to them and this info is good to know.

ps. +1 I too am not too happy with the Sweetwater's return policy...

Take care, Larryz

I bought my Tascam DP32 multi-track digital recorder and my Zoom RT-223 from Sweetwater, and I'm quite pleaded with both items. So I have no experience with their return policy, and hopefully I won't. But so far, they've been a great company to do business with for me.
I rock; therefore, I am.

DBM, was this, by chance, the Boss Pitch Shift pedal?

Yes it was. It was nice but did not work with the one song I use harmonies on. It worked if I put it first in the signal chain but it distorted awful when I punched in the overdrive pedal. So I put it last and it absolutely did not work there. I needed a -4th which is what I use on my GNX2 but somehow the distortion works in that. But would not using the Boss Harmonist. It would have worked well for Allman type harmonies.

DBM, was this, by chance, the Boss Pitch Shift pedal?

Yes it was. It was nice but did not work with the one song I use harmonies on. It worked if I put it first in the signal chain but it distorted awful when I punched in the overdrive pedal. So I put it last and it absolutely did not work there. I needed a -4th which is what I use on my GNX2 but somehow the distortion works in that. But would not using the Boss Harmonist. It would have worked well for Allman type harmonies.

4ths, 5ths & Octaves are usually pretty easy to get along with. If the Boss pedal couldn't do that, you were right to return it. For another pedal effect, that won't cost as much as the Eventide Pitch Factor, you might want to check out the Earthquaker Pitch Bay..

FWIW, the best-sounding Pitch Shift effect I have is the Pedal Bend effect in my GT-10; incredibly smooth-sounding. I got rid of my Whammy Pedal, because the GT-10 gave me everything the Whammy could offer. It might be just the update for your GNX.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Thanks Winston. I need an intelligent harmonizer, not a pitch shifter. The GNX2 still works but I need a switching device to make it work. I don't generally like a modeler sound, so I switch between the GNX2 and my pedal board with analog devices in it. I wanted something small enough to fit in my pedal board so I could do away with the Boss Line Selector in that pedal board. It did not work, so I think a modeler is the only way to get what I need done. I wish I could find a small modeler 8" max on the large side that did intelligent pitch shifting.

So I just pulled the trigger on a Digitech RP155, ninety nine bucks from Amazon + free shipping. It has a tuner and is a full modeler so I can tweak till my hearts content on the only patch I would use in it, 6"x8"x 2" and it will fit nicely in my pedal board eliminating the need for a tuner stomp but still needing the line switcher. (it has intelligent harmonies and I can duplicate what is in the GNX2)

Archived