Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I was about to pull the trigger on a Pod HD Bean

desertbluesman

My GNX2 is getting a little long in the tooth so I figured the Bean (for $199 at Sweetwater) was the ticket. I wanted it for 2 reasons, intelligent harmonies and tuner. That is all I use the GNX 2 for these days. Plus it would have fit inside my pedal board if I eliminate one tube distortion stomp (which I really don't like anyways) and the tuner. I took out the volume pedal the other day in anticipation of this event but they sold out of them.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a good price for the HD, $400 everywhere I looked. Couldn't find the HD on the Sweetwater site.

Maybe you meant the regular POD? Sweetwater has that ($200) and the Pocket POD ($130), but I dunno if they'll do intelligent harmonies...

My ears are haunted.

That's a good price for the HD, $400 everywhere I looked. Couldn't find the HD on the Sweetwater site.

Maybe you meant the regular POD? Sweetwater has that ($200) and the Pocket POD ($130), but I dunno if they'll do intelligent harmonies...

No it was a closeout special on the HD bean. They no longer sell that model it has been discontinued.

Pulled the trigger on this pedal today. I need some intelligent harmonies for only one of my songs. But it is a necessary option to that particular tune. I guess I will have to write another tune or 2 for it.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Harmonist

DBM, you should also be able to switch from Harmonist Mode (Intelligent harmonies) to Pitch Shift Mode, where you set fixed intervals. If you're playing in anything other than Major or minor scales, the intelligent harmonies may not always be what you were expecting.

Consider the Bean a lucky miss. There have been a host of noise and failure issues with the bean-shaped PODs, and the Floor PODS, as well: I speak from experience. That may even be part of why the product was discontinued, and put on blow-out sale. Boss gear, FWIW, is all but indestructible.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

DBM, you should also be able to switch from Harmonist Mode (Intelligent harmonies) to Pitch Shift Mode, where you set fixed intervals. If you're playing in anything other than Major or minor scales, the intelligent harmonies may not always be what you were expecting.

Consider the Bean a lucky miss. There have been a host of noise and failure issues with the bean-shaped PODs, and the Floor PODS, as well: I speak from experience. That may even be part of why the product was discontinued, and put on blow-out sale. Boss gear, FWIW, is all but indestructible.

Thanks, I have a harmony patch in my GNX2 which is at least 10 years old (and still working) I am hoping the Boss unit is even better than a modeler. I need it for one song in E minor which goes into G for one run through at the end. So far the GNX2 harmony works well enough even with the key change. If the Boss unit does as well or better I keep it, if not Sweetwater has a decent return policy.

Archived