Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland FA-06 Head phone jack issue

Mad_Maestro

On June 21st I bought a Roland FA-06 without the Guitar Center Insurance. Four days later I broke the 1/4" inch head phone jack tip in my head phone jack. Its all the way in the back and I have no known way of removal. Its not too big of a deal because I can still plug headphones into my mixer and listen quietly that way. Never the less I want to get this corrected. I don't want to bring it in for repair right away because its new and I don't want to be without it for the month it would take to repair. Has anyone had this happen to them or have an idea how much something like this would cost to repair.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Estimated repair cost I would put at $45.

Often repairs are at around $45 an hour with minimum one hour bench charge.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

You tried Tweezers?

If you can get something in there it shouldn't be too tight I wouldn't have thought.

Something similar happened to my friends mixer and he pulled it out eventually with tweezers and toothpick.

Nord Stage 2 HA76 | Roland FA-06

Gretsch G5420s I H&K Statesman | Strymon Flint | Catalinbread SCP | Source Audio Nemesis.

Personally, I would look at opening it up and seeing if the jack was completely enclosed or if you can easily get it out. But that depends on how handy you are and your concerns about warranty. If so, I'd go with the above advice.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived