Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Motif XS DIMM question

Bubbajazz

Hi, all. It's been a while.

I have a Motif XS, and want to install DIMMs. There is a local deal on new PNY 1 Gig boards, PC133, 2700. I know there is a 1 Gb limit on memory install, and to install in pairs. My question - could this work at all? I wouldn't expect to see 2 Gb, just hoping that this could save me a couple of bucks.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didnt use the recommended brand of dimm either and it works fine. However, dont bother adding more than requirement, its useless and doesnt do anything but add more boot up time

-Greg

Motif XS8, MOXF8, Hammond XK1c, Vent

Rhodes Mark II 88 suitcase, Yamaha P255

Thanks, Greg. I'm not using the 1g for capacity. It's because 512s aren't locally available, but there is a deal on the 1G board.

Is the slower boot time merely on power-up, or does that affect load times for switching patches?

yes, only power on... I remember years ago, guys over on motifator timed the power on and came to that conclusion

-Greg

Motif XS8, MOXF8, Hammond XK1c, Vent

Rhodes Mark II 88 suitcase, Yamaha P255

I have a Motif XS, and want to install DIMMs. There is a local deal on new PNY 1 Gig boards, PC133, 2700.

PC100 or PC133 SDRAM (168 pin) modules having no more that 18 memory chips/module are required. Not all brands are compatible.

What is the "2700"?...If that's PC2700 DDR (184 pins), it won't fit.

I know there is a 1 Gb limit on memory install, and to install in pairs. My question - could this work at all? I wouldn't expect to see 2 Gb, just hoping that this could save me a couple of bucks.

Contrary to what the manual says, the limit is actually 2 GB.

Yamaha: Motif XF6 and XS6, A3000V2, A4000, YS200 | Korg: T3EX, 05R/W | Fender Chroma Polaris | Roland U-220 | Etc.

Archived