Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Strymon El Capistan giveaway

Caevan O’Shite

Just thought some of you might like the opportunity to win one of these fabulous pedals:

Enter to win an El Capistan and Tap Favorite :cool:

Here's what it is:

Strymon El Capistan virtual tape-echo pedal ("dTape Echo")... !!

Good luck! :wave::rawk::cool:

I've really liked analog delays and analog-flavored digital-delay, but have found that I dig classic tape-echo sounds in particular. This pedal's digital simulation of tape echo sounds and features is nothing less than stunning! And while not cheap by any means, it is MUCH less than many other echo/delay pedals and units out there, and certainly VERY MUCH less than any Fulltone or vintage tape echo units (not to mention much smaller!). I have and love one of my very own and will NOT part with it. Ever.

______ [video:youtube]

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can imagine some cool surf tunes coming out of these echo pedals... :cool:

This pedal will also do a spring-reverb simulation; however, it is intended to sound like the built-in spring-reverb included on some of the old Roland Space Echo tape-echo units like the RE-200, which used a rather short spring-pan and can seem a bit boxy, tanky, and metallic compared to bigger, better spring-reverb units. To a degre, you could say that the El Capistan cops the Roland Space Echo's spring-reverb to a fault. It's totally usable- and it does sound very springy and drippy- but it's just one type of reverb with only the reverb-level being adjustable, and it may not be everyone's idea of a Surf reverb sound. It DOES excel at Reggae and Dub reverb/echo sounds, though! :cool: I tend to mix in just a little of the El Cap's reverb along with its fantastic tape-echo style repeats.

Yeah mon, surf echo reverb tremolo and reggae all get along toogedder...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVvTffLw2Y8 <--- some cool echo...

The old tape echo machines are still in demand too...

:thu::cool:

Archived