Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Replacing Pots in a Korg Triton Le

Chris Bentley

If someone has opened up a Korg Triton Le and removed the boards inside, I would really appreciate some insight/direction.

Recently, the plastic shaft on one of the assignable pots sheared off. The repair didn't strike me as particularly difficult (famous last words), so I got a new pot and opened that Korg up. Needless to say, getting to the pot was harder than I imagined; however, I did get there, and I switched it out. The problem came with re-assmbly.

While pulling the parts out, I kept good track of all the screws, etc., even keeping different types in separate Ziploc bags. In general, wiring was not a problem because most of the wires are harnessed in plastic connectors. All but two, that is. These wires are a heavier gauge than the other wires and have terminal ends which are attached to the boards/chassis with screws. These came out while I was dis-assembling , and I missed their precise location. Now I am unsure where they go.

I have the Triton Le Service Manual, complete with schematics, but it does not give any color coding or wire gauge diagrams. This is really what I need to know where to attach these two rogue wires.

I fully expect some should have taken it to a shop comments. Point taken in advance. In the meantime, though, if anyone has something to point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are they green? Sound like ground wires. They probably attach using one of the mounting screws for the circuit board. Which one is not necessarily critical as long as the ground plane of the circuit board is there (the ground plane will usually be the most surface area of the circuit board).

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived