Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitar Demo of the new Pigtronix Leslie sim "Rototron"

HSS

As mentioned in KC's recent NAMM report Pigtronix has a new Leslie sim pedal with a lot of grandiose probably over-the-top claims about how great it is.

Here is demo of it with a guitarist where towards the end it is mentioned that Pigtronix at least considers keyboardists as serious potential users:

http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/live-from-namm-pigtronix-rototron/

It would be interesting to see what the keyboard community thinks of it, perhaps even a proper review. I know a couple of guitarists who claim that Pigtronix makes really good guitar pedals, so who knows, maybe this could end up being a competitor for the Vent or the Burn (probably not). In any case, IMO it's worth at least keeping an eye on.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha CK88, MX88, & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Pigtronix is aiming at the same customers (guitarists) as another producer of a lesliepedal did at NAMM last year.

On second thought: no, I´ve since seen one (1) clip on YouTube where said lesliepedal was demoed with an organ.

"This is my rig, and if you don´t like it....well, I have others!"

"Think positive...there's always something to complain about!"

As mentioned in KC's recent NAMM report Pigtronix has a new Leslie sim pedal with a lot of grandiose probably over-the-top claims about how great it is.

Here is demo of it with a guitarist where towards the end it is mentioned that Pigtronix at least considers keyboardists as serious potential users:

http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/live-from-namm-pigtronix-rototron/

It would be interesting to see what the keyboard community thinks of it, perhaps even a proper review. I know a couple of guitarists who claim that Pigtronix makes really good guitar pedals, so who knows, maybe this could end up being a competitor for the Vent or the Burn (probably not). In any case, IMO it's worth at least keeping an eye on.

Speaking here as a guitarist, you are right, Pigtronix make GREAT guitar pedals.

As far as this one goes, it's also designed for guitarists, there is no drive on it, as per the Burn and Ventilators. Guitarists can turn up the drive on their amps, an option rarely open to k/b players.

Good price though, a fair bit cheaper than the Burn or Vent.

SSM

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

Pigtronix makes quality pedals.

I heard the Rototron at NAMM with a guitar. It sounds GREAT, and is very useful, musical, and can sometimes get cool ethereal sorts of sounds.

Some of the pedals they make, such as the Echolution, are full frequency, and sound great in various keyboards, vocals, and other instruments, and can be used as a hardware effect unit in a DAW or analog setup because it is high quality and has a low noise floor. I don't know if the Rototron is full frequency or not.

Thanks for the info... The Rototron sounds interesting, dependent upon the final street price. It's too bad it has no onboard drive. That is a pretty big differentiator for keyboardists in favor of the Vent and Burn.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha CK88, MX88, & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

It is. I'm not sure exactly what you would want, but even if this is not exactly the controls you are looking for, who knows, it simply might sound really great, and that may be enough. Or not.

Thanks for the info... The Rototron sounds interesting, dependent upon the final street price. It's too bad it has no onboard drive. That is a pretty big differentiator for keyboardists in favor of the Vent and Burn.

Due to hit the streets in April, $275.

SSM

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

My guitar playing friends say Pigtronix makes great stuff so I'm sure this is a well built, well thought out pedal, but the demo gives me the impression that the band width is possibly narrower than an organ player would want.

That'd be too bad if that's the case. Full frequency is one of the many appealing things about the Echolution.

Archived