Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy 1O4th Birthday, Django Reinhardt! (O0O0PS- a day late)

Caevan O’Shite

Happy 1O4th Birthday, Django!

______________________________ http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/wghtml/images/wgreinhardt.jpg

http://www.document-records.com/images/article_images/jesse&lula&django.jpg

________ ...wherever you are...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f5/Django_Reinhardt_Plaque_Samois.JPG/800px-Django_Reinhardt_Plaque_Samois.JPG

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With half the fingers you played twice the music! Any guitar player who doesn't know you is not taking it serious.

You were and will always be a huge inspiration. Happy birthday, Django.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAEVAN!! I just turned 64 on the 13th of this month, but I like to let them go by as quietly as I can these days...I have a buddy that shares Elvis' birthday on the 8th, so his is always easy to remember.. :thu:
Take care, Larryz

DANG, what a buncha old farts!

Did any of you, like me, notice that once you hit 50, the years seemed only six months long?

Or like my sister once said, "The smoke from blowing out the candles hasn't cleared, and it's my birthday AGAIN!"

Anyway, happy b-day again Django, and the same to anyone else whose birthday it is.

Whitefang

I'm closin' in a half a century, myself. I think that's kinda cool. :cool:

You kid!

Hahhaahh! I should have typed, 'closin' in on a half a century', NOT "I'm closin' in a half a century"- THAT sounds as if I'm setting an expiration date... !

:facepalm::freak::rolleyes::laugh::D

I'm at least glad and a bit proud to be part of a generation that doesn't let age rule the thought proccess. In music, for one, while I rail about how "crappy" modern music might be, it's based on something other than my age. Of course, my age might have some bearing on my physical activity, but that's another thing. Anyway, I can't tell you how many times MY elders, over the years, have dismissed at least TRYING something "new" with the excuse, "I'm TOO OLD to be doing stuff like that".

One of my favorite things to eat( Desertbluesman might gag)is the old PB&J. Used to "brown bag" them to the plant I worked at. One of my co-workers laughed at this, saying, "Aren't you kind of OLD to be eating that?" I was 26 at the time! I had no idea there WAS an age limit on those samdwiches.

When my ex-Father in law was the age I am now, he used to drive around with his car radio turned WAY down tuned to the local "Easy listening" music station. I asked him once, "Is that the kind of music you've ALWAYS listened to?" He said no, he used to like "big band" and "swing". I told him there was a station that played a lot of that( gone now, too bad), why don't I find it for you? His reply?

"Oh, I'm TOO OLD for that sort of thing anymore"

I swore that even if I'm lucky enough to reach the age of 80, I'll be banging my head on my arthritic neck to some old Aerosmith recording!

Whitefang

You're never too old for PB&J although I have to use sugar free J these days...I'm not a fan of modern music either, but I keep trying to understand it. I still prefer the good old rock and roll stuff (AKA: Classic Rock) and I like jazzy old standards too...
Take care, Larryz

Mmmmmm... Peanut-butter with butter on its slice of bread, with grape jelly (no butter), on wheat or white, thanks; or peanut-butter and honey, same instructions, on wheat or 12-grain. Or, peanut butter and butter on rye- cold, toasted, or grilled- hold the jelly, please and thank-you. :)

Good music, of any style, from any era, century, or geomantic and cultural association? Yes, please and thank-you! :thu::D:cool:

Mmmmmm...I hate to give brand names a plug, but the ultimate from my day was Skippy Crunchy Peanut Butter, Wonderbread and Welches Grape Jelly...I still crave the stuff even if it's considered bad for me. I'm putting it on my bucket list for my last meal! :cool::cool::cool:
Take care, Larryz

I have a partial plate, so crunchy peanut butter gets a bit dicey. Since my wife is diabetic, I've gotten used to "sugar free" stuff. I now prefer the flavor over the regular stuff. Mine is Smucker's sugar-free strawberry jam.

Caevan, your comment about "no butter" brought back memories. One would think putting butter on a PB&J sandwich is odd, and it is. But my Grandmother used to work in small restaraunts and diners back in the '20's and '30's, and many a board of health required all sandwiches to have the bread buttered. She once, due to the habit of this, made me a PB&J with the bread buttered, and I almost gagged.

Larry, you might( or might not) be familiar with a sportswriter and author named MITCH ALBOM. In one column, he mentioned that he has several dietary restrictions to follow. He never stated just what they were, but he DID go on to say that once a year, on his birthday, he binges on all the foods he's not supposed to eat. On that day only. The rest of the year he keeps strictly on his regimen. Works for him...

Whitefang

I'm not familiar with the sportswriter but I agree with the reward system. I'm a type II and have to keep a pretty strict limit on sugar. I too like Smuckers sugar free but prefer Grape and Blackberry jelly. I don't care for butter on my PB&J's as they slide down easy with the J. I can see it if you're choking on plain peanut butter as it gets a little dry. I reward myself at birthdays with a small slice of cake and ice cream. Luckily my wife, kids and grandkids live in the same town so I get a reward quite often...
Take care, Larryz

I don't know, I'm still talking birthday cake and ice cream but on the other hand this is supposed to be about Django's BD...HE WAS THE ALLTIME GREATEST! But, when we got into PB&J's I couldn't resist veering...LOL! :blush:
Take care, Larryz

There are only three things that remind me I'm getting older:

My two kids, who love rubbing it in;

My body when getting out of BED in the morning!

Whitefang

Archived