Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

More Klon talk from the Centaur's mouth

harvey

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to question his assertion that the copiers are going to drive the builders and designers out of the pedal market. If anything, I see more pedals from more companies than ever before, and I've seen a lot of innovative, even radical ideas coming out in the last few years. Sure, there may be a few guys who pack their toolkit and move over into some other field, but there will always be folks who just want to make guitar pedals. Sorry, but it sounds like a case of 'sour grapes' to me.

For my part, I'm not much more likely to buy a new $270 OD pedal, than an original $1000+ Centaur, and from the Comments section below the article, it doesn't sound like you can just walk into your FLMS and get one, or even order one, with over 1300 orders on a waiting list. $100 is really right around my personal 'pass' line for an OD pedal - beyond that, it's going to take a lot to convince me that I'll hear any major difference over any other Clean Boost or TS clone. In a live setting, with other instruments in the mix, and ambient noise from the room, I have serious doubts.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

He's wrong about that...scale, demand... Centaurs are fetish fare for collectors more than tools for gigging musicians other than superstars.

Some friends of mine are boutique amp makers and they joke "forget the music industry, if the legal profession suffers a downturn I'm outta business."

Some friends of mine are boutique amp makers and they joke "forget the music industry, if the legal profession suffers a downturn I'm outta business."

:D Dentists, Doctors... ;)

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

It was a good article, and he seems like a great guy... especially for the remaining Centaurs he builds and gives to a friend who needs extra cash to auction and keep the money.

I just disagree with his thing about people not innovating and designing things if their work is copied. His own business model proves that's not true... he only gets paid for the first sale, and then people flip them for more money. He isn't stepping up production to make more of that money, which would drive down the aftermarket prices. People will pay the price for the real thing if they can.

Archived