Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitar Maker at Dzaleka Refugee Camp, Malawi

p90jr

Do you ever watch something, or hear a story that makes you feel like sh*t because how fortunate you really are? Maybe you complain about how difficult something you do is could even be how you play guitar, etc.. and find out someone does WAY more than you with WAY less than you. I like these experiences. It lights a fire under me. Inspires me. Toughens me up. I should NEVER whine or moan about anything I do. I should always be appreciative and take advantage of my opportunities, and work hard.

This video shows a person building guitars with practically nothing. Bad wood. Bad tools. And he makes it happen.

http://www.effectsbay.com/2013/12/guitar-maker-at-dzaleka-refugee-camp-malawi/

[video:youtube]

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the constant media blitz showing starving children living in squallor in some undesignated country, it's hard to believe there are people who DON'T understand this.

Maybe this guy makes money doing this, maybe he doesn't. But he found a productive way to cope, and that's admirable.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

WOW! Talk about "hand-made" !!

I agree p90jr - we should all be very thankful for the abundance we often take for granted.

I would be interested in sending a small donation if I had an address or place to send it. Any idea how to send a donation to support these guys?

Update: I went to Youtube to try and find a way to contact these folks - seems like lots of people want to contribute but the website listed does not work and a number of people have tried to contact them w/o success. If anyone has any ideas please post.

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Do you ever watch something, or hear a story that makes you feel like sh*t because how fortunate you really are? Maybe you complain about how difficult something you do is could even be how you play guitar, etc.. and find out someone does WAY more than you with WAY less than you. I like these experiences. It lights a fire under me. Inspires me. Toughens me up. I should NEVER whine or moan about anything I do. I should always be appreciative and take advantage of my opportunities, and work hard.

This video shows a person building guitars with practically nothing. Bad wood. Bad tools. And he makes it happen.

http://www.effectsbay.com/2013/12/guitar-maker-at-dzaleka-refugee-camp-malawi/

[video:youtube]

very inspiring, i am speechless.

Archived