Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: RIP Tom Laughlin

skipclone 1

`Billy Jack` was not the film that got me hooked on martial arts, but it was one of the first. We saw it at my junior high school-an unlikely event these days. The message of his films was cool then and still is, he was the real deal. RIP Mr Laughlin.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/billy-jack-tom-laughlin-dead/

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over the weekend saw the losses of Laughlin, Peter O'Toole and Joan Fontaine. Each left their mark on the film world in their own way, But Laughlin was a pioneer in the independent film world, and revolutionary in his marketing techniques. Most don't know much about him before and beyond "Billy Jack" however.

He had small parts in movies like "South Pacific" and the first "Gidget" movie, countless TV roles and both he and wife Dolores Taylor once ran a Montessori school in California.

Once a longtime friend of Marlon Brando, they both often took up the same causes, although by different means.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Over the weekend saw the losses of Laughlin, Peter O'Toole and Joan Fontaine. Each left their mark on the film world in their own way, But Laughlin was a pioneer in the independent film world, and revolutionary in his marketing techniques. Most don't know much about him before and beyond "Billy Jack" however.

He had small parts in movies like "South Pacific" and the first "Gidget" movie, countless TV roles and both he and wife Dolores Taylor once ran a Montessori school in California.

Once a longtime friend of Marlon Brando, they both often took up the same causes, although by different means.

Whitefang

Well put.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Had to be crazy and charismatic to be able to switch from the movie business to politics and run for president of the USA, not once but three times. This was definitely a guy who got up and worked to create things in his world. Unlike most and not as large as some, he managed to become a name people would recognize for his achievement.

After visiting my mother's and sister's burial niches I walked through a mausoleum on the grounds and was thinking about all of the lives that had ended up there. The final remnant of us really only lasts as long as someone cares enough to have feelings for us after we are gone. No one has feelings for their genetic background.

Pretty pathetic that most people are only recognized by a few close friends and family, if even that. By the time those people have gone as well there is nothing left of our existence except a plaque. At some point we run out of people who ever heard of us, let alone cared about us.

It is a great achievement to be remembered by many people for having done something worthy of notice.

Archived