Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cleaning nicotine stains from keys

mul

I am currently fixing up my triton le 76. I got the replacement keys from a Eb store in the uk. I believe the triton le and the dx7 had the same keys so with this in mind I have deduced that because of the obvious nicotine staining on the individual white keys. These are refurb keys. Either from a dx or similar board.

My question is this. I have not yet replaced the keys so ....... Is there any safe way I can return the original white sheen to the keys. I don't want to chemically weaken what could be nearly 30 year old plastic with a sodium hydroxide solution !!! My triton has been kept in smoke free environments all it's life and the difference between the shades of white are obvious.

Korg kronos, casio px5s, studiologic sl 88 studio, korg m50,korg triton, yamaha moxf6, hammond xk1, korg sp200

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never tried this, but on TV commercials, Denture cleaner seems to work pretty well.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Thanks guys. I will try these solutions. I may have to use a uv lamp cause I live in Ireland and we don't really have that much sunshine. Cheers Bloody Mary for the point of order!!!
Korg kronos, casio px5s, studiologic sl 88 studio, korg m50,korg triton, yamaha moxf6, hammond xk1, korg sp200

I knew I saw a discussion on this before, but couldn't find it. Did some searching and at least came up with the product:

RetroBright

How to make it:

CLONK

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived